Looking for a healthier way to celebrate October? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered with this delicious, healthier caramel dip.
If you have been reading my Formulx blogs and recipes for a while now, you know that I love to throw dates in just about everything I want sweet. Medjool dates, in particular, have a soft creamy texture that mimics caramel in all the best possible ways. However, while caramel has zero nutritional value, dates are packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. In fact, dates contain B Vitamins B-5 and B-6, which play important roles in metabolism, liver function, red blood cell development, and mood regulation. They also contain important minerals such as potassium and copper. Potassium plays an important role in nerve impulses and muscle contraction. Copper supports collagen repair and energy production for tissues. Lastly, they contain a bit of fiber, which is filling and aids in healthy digestion.
Although dates are calorie and carbohydrate dense, as you can tell, calorie for calorie you get a whole lot more nutrition using dates as a sweet treat versus processed refined sugar. Someone who eats nutritious and mostly whole foods is going to look better and feel more energized than someone who eats processed foods and refined grains.
I love that Formulx Vanilla Natural Recovery Whey Protein helps bring together the combination of pureed dates and almond milk into a thick, creamy, and delicious dip that’s almost too good to share. It also packs a little protein punch into a treat that would normally not have any. Formulx Protein + Fiber + B-Vitamins + Minerals in a healthy dip that taste like candy? What are you waiting for? It’s time to start celebrating fall!
Formulx Caramel Dip (Gluten Free)
• 10-12 medjool dates, seeds removed
• 6 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk + 6 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk, divided
• 1 scoop Formulx Vanilla Natural Recovery Whey Protein
1. In a food processor, process the first 6 tbsp of milk and dates until smooth consistency is achieved.
2. Add Formulx Vanilla Natural Recovery Whey Protein and 3 tbsp milk. Turn on food processor and process until desired consistency is achieved. Add the remaining 3tbsp of milk if dip is thicker than you would like it.
3. It can be eaten right away, but it’s best chilled for at least an hour before serving.
Try it out, and let me know what you think! Goes delicious with apple slices as shown above! If there’s anything you’d like me to make a recipe for in particular, comment below!