Yes, our chocolate flavor is delicious too but vanilla has been working overtime to become our fan favorite. It’s tasty, mixes very well with all the fruit you love to toss into your shakes, and it’s perfect for recipes. Speaking of recipes, we recently found this mornings powerhouse thanks to our friend Juli Bauer at PaleOMG. Yes, it has Natural Recovery Vanilla powder too!
Carrot Breakfast Protein Cake
Prep time: 10 Minutes. Cook time: 35 Minutes. Serves 8!
2 large carrots, finely shredded
2/3 cup Almond Butter
3 tablespoons raw honey
35 grams (1 scoop) of Natural Recovery Vanilla
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Shred carrots as this as possible. Place in large bowl.
3. Add almond butter and eggs. Mix well.
4. Then add honey, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Mix well
5. Fold in raisins.
6. Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish with coconut oil, pour batter into the dish and place in oven.
7. Let cool before cutting.
Note: Makes 8 pieces of cake which means you can invite 7 friends over to join you for a snack; you can make enough for the week and then double dip on Sunday; or you can get greedy and put the OMG in PaleOMG. Your call. Either way – enjoy!
Make sure to check out Juli’s. blog for a bunch of tasty, protein-packed treats you can make at home!