It’s November, you know what that means: there are candy and treats available just about everywhere you go. Every appointment I go to temps me with some type of goodie, at the end of the day I need a healthy reward for not sticking my hand in every single candy jar I see. This is the perfect little bite of chocolate, almonds, and protein to keep me sane and not feeling deprived. It’s sweet enough for me, but feel free to adjust the level of sweetness to your preference.
• ½ cup Chocolate Formulx Recovery Protein Powder
• 1T unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2T coconut oil (melted)
• 3T coconut flour
• 1T almond butter (creamy, natural)
• 6T unsweetened vanilla almond milk or water
• 4 vanilla stevia/sweetleaf drops
• 1 ounce (1/4 cup) almonds roughly chopped
• 1-2T coconut flakes (unsweetened or sweetened depending on preference)
1. Combine first seven ingredients and you should get a stick but pliable mixture. Add in chopped almonds.
2. Line a freezer safe container (I used a 7.5 inch by 1.5 inch Purex container) with wax paper, grease the wax paper with cooking oil (trust me).
3. Spread the mixture out in the container. (If it’s too sticky to spread add more milk, but don’t add so much that it becomes liquid-y.) Top with coconut flakes.
4. Freeze for 10-12 hours, remove from container and cut into bite size pieces for a delicious source of emergency Almond Joy chocolate protein.
Let us know if you try it!